Celebrate Friendship Day 2010 on August 1, SundayHuman beings are social creatures and have always valued the importance of friends in their lives. To celebrate this noble feeling it was deemed fit to have a day dedicated to friends and friendship. Accordingly, first Sunday of August was declared as a holiday in US in honor of friends by a Proclamation made by US Congress in 1935. (excerpt from friendshipday.org) My theme for today's treasury is in honor of this holiday. To see the full treasury, please click here
The following activities were found at this website http://www.friendshipday.org/friendship-day-activities.html
Friendship Day Activities
Friendship Day is an occasion that calls for celebrating the presence of friends in our life. Given here are some Friendship Day celebration ideas to help you make the occasion a memorable one. The idea behind the Friendship Day activities listed here is have fun on the occasion and to make your friends feel how special they are in your life! In case you too know of a good friendship party idea please send it to us and help us enhance this biggest web site on Friendship Day.
Friendship Activities and Ideas of Celebration
- A simple idea would be to write a nice card for your friend telling them how much you appreciate their friendship. Please be open in your expression and spill out your heart to them!
- To touch your friend's heart buy or make them a small present such as flowers, chocolates, friendship bands, a cake, or anything that your friend will appreciate! And how about leaving the gift anonymously for added intrigue!
- Give a warm hug to your friend and let them that have a special place in your heart!
- Make it a point to call or SMS every one of your friends, old and new, on Friendship Day to let them know you care.
- Write your friend a web page to express your friendship online
- Ring up a radio station and dedicate a song to Friendship Day and your friends!
- A wonderful idea would be to make some new friends on the occasion by becoming a doer of RAOK - Random Acts of Kindness
- Buy your friend a ticket to the theatre so you can enjoy a great show together. If you can't afford this, downscale to the movies!
- Give your friend a Friendship Bracelet (made or bought) to symbolize your friendship.
- Grab a camera or visit a photo studio and take some photos of you and your friends enjoying yourselves! This is beautiful way to preserve memory.
- Prepare a CD or a cassette that features all the songs that define your friendship or ones that you just happen to mutually like!
- Submit a Friendship Tribute to your friend to be posted on the web.
- Do call all those old friends you haven't spoken to in ages. Remember the girl scout motto - "Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other gold"!
- Send your dear friends an online Friendship greeting and add a special message.
- Make a special friendship book for your best friend. You may include photos, quotes and poetry telling your friends how special they are.
- Invite your closest buddies over for a sleepover! Rent some movies, plan out games and arrange for chips, chocolate, cold-drinks and other goodies! If possible bring some blankets outside and watch the stars.
- You may also plan a special day with your best friend or friendship group. A picnic is always a fun idea, and great for all ages. If your group loves adventure you may plan activities such as bowling, golf, boating, river-rafting, cricket or going to the beach.
- If you are all busy during the day, plan to go out to dinner with your friends. Dress up in your finest and have a fun night that's different and rocking.
- If possible host a Friendship Dinner Party at your home!