Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Memories, Dreams and Reflections 2010







Me! 

I Love You 
My daughters, on the younger's second birthday (older was about to turn six)

Still Laughing... 
It's not easy getting seven cousins ages six and under together (and smiling) for a family photo!   
This photo was taken just before Christmas... and (most) of them look a lot happier!
Winter Wonderland 
Her first time making a snow angel!

Birthday 
The Younger on her second birthday, with the birthday cake my Mother made for her.  She's not sure what to think of everyone singing to her!

The Older on her sixth birthday, holding up the "Pink Princess Dress" she asked my Mother to make for her.

Friends

My daughter at her sixth birthday party, surrounded by her friends.  We had her party at our favorite park, and these girly girls spent the last part of the party playing in the creek.  :)

I Was Inspired...
I used this photo in one of my first Photo Hunt Challenges, and it was picked one of the judge's favorites.  While I have always loved photography, this pick inspired me to find other photo scavenger hunts and challenges to help me improve my skills.  I love Ashley's list of photo challenges!

Spring Fever 

Travel or Vacation

We didn't travel at all this year, but we did take a drive up to the mountains!  Here's a view from the Blue Ridge Parkway, just outside of Boone, NC.  I believe this is the

Summer Days

Lounging in the kiddie pool, with sprinklers and buckets!  I love the rainbow I caught! 

A Day In My Life  
Every day, I meet my daughter as she gets off the school bus.  Here she is on her last day of Kindergarten!


All Smiles
Playing in the Autumn leaves
Autumn Harvest 

Family
I totally stole this picture (Hi, Marci!).  I had planned to use the one of the cousins (above) for family, but I'm still laughing over that photo!  I've used enough of my girls... and truly, this represents family more than anything else.  My Grandmother, parents, brother and sisters, and all my nieces and nephews!  (My sister Marci is probably also participating in Memories, Dreams and Reflections, why don't you check her out here)

Celebrate!

Celebrating my Grandmother's 80-something birthday!  She's smiling at the camera... My daughter's smiling at the cake!

I Miss You
We're making a big move in a few months, and my Sweetheart has gone ahead first to set up hearth and home.  I miss him so much and so do our daughters... can't wait to be together again!

Dress Up 
Downtown Halloween Crawl

Macro


Holidays 



My Favorite
There's a short story behind this photo... if you're interested, you can read it here

Don't Ever Change
You've seen this one before... my two girls, ages six and two.  Sisters that love each other madly.  I love that bond that they share.  I don't want that ever to change

Just Because...So There!


I've always been a little partial to this photo... maybe because I risked life and limb to get it!  We were in the Single Brothers' Garden at Old Salem, and the ground below the peach tree was littered with rotting peaches.  Hundred of bees were buzzing hungrily and busily dining on the sweet nectar of the fruit. 
Thanks for sharing my year with me!  I'm excited that a New Year has begun, and I can't wait to see where it brings me!  All the best to you...

Peace, Health, and Wealth for 2011

Thank you, Ashley, for sponsoring this wonderful way to reflect on 2010.  To see the other participants, please go here.

6 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great year and I hope 2011 is even better for you. I think my favorite is your friends shot. It's so candid and joyful. I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved looking at your photos! Still laughing is hysterical!!!! Your NC vacation photo is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice collection. Very cool selfie. Love don't ever change, winter, summer days, and that wonderful macro. Nicely done-and happy 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the summer days photo!! The rainbow is awesome! And the school bus... very real shot! Awesome captures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe how much everyone has grown in just 1 year! Ha ha..I was going to use the same shot for family but I decided to use a different one. Love the one of Liz making the snowangel!..and I also love the travel one..and the summer one!! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO many great photos! Love the rainbow, love the flowers, love the sunset!

    I need to participate in more challenges to give myself something interesting to do with my photography.

    ReplyDelete