Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ready for the Big Girl Bed


We decided from the very beginning that we were going to co-sleep with our daughters.  They were both in a bassinet attached to the bed for a couple of weeks, then into our bed they came... and stayed.  Older Daughter was about three when it was time for her to sleep in her "big girl bed".  Younger Daughter is two-and-a-half, and I've been preparing her for the move.  It's funny how the younger children start some things so much earlier (she's already almost fully potty-trained, and at this age Older Daughter was barely starting).

Anyway, last night was the big night.  The Daughter's are sharing a room, and I tucked them each into their own beds.  We read a story, and then it was time for hugs and kisses.  There was a little bit of resistance, so when the Older Daughter asked if she could continue to read to her sister, of course I said yes.

Younger Daughter apparently climbed into Older Sister's bed to listen to the story.  And they fell asleep.  This is how I found them.

I moved the Younger into her own bed, covered her and kissed them both.

And there she stayed.  My baby, who has slept beside me for almost a thousand nights, stayed in her own bed all night, on the first night.

She might have slept better than I did.






and then, she {snapped}

4 comments:

  1. Oh.My.Goodness. The sweetness is killing me! I love the b&w edit as well. These types of photos always look great in a timeless b&w.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaahh--your babies are all grown up!!! That photo is so sweet..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a sweet shot! thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete