Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Packing Up Christmas...

Today was the day...

It was time to put away Christmas.

We put up early, before Thanksgiving (!), and it was time to take down the tree, pack up the lights, fold the stockings, and store it all 'til next year.

Older Daughter did not want to see it all go.  Truth be told, if it were "politically correct", I might stay decorated all year (and I know some people do).  I compromised... the red glass bulbs now adorn the wall shelf, surrounded by white lights.  Because of course, Valentine's Day is next, and we need to keep the red theme for that.

It was very, very hard for Older Daughter to pack up "the mouse".  The one my Mother gave her at Christmas several years ago.  It sings the "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" in a very, very annoying voice.  Very annoying.  OD cried, sobbed real tears for this mouse.  Even after I explained that it's just more special when you have it only at Christmastime... oh, no.  She was having none of that.  Mouse was not going in.

I continued packing, and grabbed my camera because I still needed a photo for my 365 project.  OD tried to stop crying and asked me to take a picture of her and the mouse, so she could remember it through the year.  My poor baby tried to manage a smile...


Oh, this picture just breaks my heart.  Her nose is red, her eyes are teary... But I'll tell you what.  We continued putting Christmas away, and after a while, she handed me Mouse.  She said she was ready to say goodbye until next year.

That's my big girl.

I have a question for y'all.  When you pack everything in their bins, very neatly like this...
...does it seem like your stuff has a party and you're not invited?  For me, it never looks as good coming out as it did going in! 

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

This is the photo SOOC (Straight Out of the Camera).  In the first photo, I boosted the color a bit and gave it a vignette frame so you couldn't tell so much that it was packed inside it's plastic storage bin.



My favorite shot of the week... my Girls walking together towards the playground.

Photobucket

1 comment: