Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Photo Challenge-- Tuesday

Some of you have seen this before, but it fits the theme of today's Photo Challenge by Simplicity so well!

Simple Beauty
 This perfect rose, simply beautiful, enjoying warm and sunny weather just days before.  
Covered by the first snowfall of the season.

Sweet Shot Day
And for my 3 boybarians Sweet Shot Tuesday, my favorite shots of the week, taken just today at Old Salem, in Winston-Salem, NC.  Old Salem is a living historical museum, a place that I have visited many, many times since childhood.  Somehow, in this town that has been in existence since the 1700s, I always manage to find something new.
The M. Miksch House is located in Old Salem, Winston-Salem NC. It was built of logs in 1771 and covered in clapboard and painted soon after. This house, located at 532 South Main Street, was the first private residence located in Salem. Matthew and Henrietta Miksch lived in the home with their daughter, Martha, and the family also sold products from the house, such as gingerbread, candles, processed tobacco and snuff.

This sign adorns the entrance to the M. Miksch House, located in Old Salem, Winston-Salem NC.

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love the color!! I would love to visit an old historic town like that! Thanks so much for your visit, and comment. I love the trees as much as the buildings on that property. We would love to fix it up. If we had money. And if it were for sale...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love roses so I am partial to this photo! & the first thing I thought of when I saw that house is Willy Wonka <--- Not sure why? But I LOVE love LOVE :] Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have loved that pic of the rose since the 1st time you posted it. And I looooove to explore Old Salem too..it never gets old to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great history to share! You're editing is perfect on the little house. And your rose is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous rose! And I love your picture of the little house. Reminds me of a fairy tale. Hansel and Gretel maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the rose! That is a gorgeous shot!

    I'm doing a giveaway today at livingwiththelowrys.blogspot.com. You should stop by!

    ReplyDelete