|Organic Waldorf Inspired Doll||Accy|
Today I read an article about Michael J. Fox and his recipe for happiness. (This article was in the May 2010 issue of Reader's Digest.) Fox was asked to share advice on parents that begins "Always..." and this was his response:
"Always be available to your kids. Because if you say, 'Give me five minutes, give me ten minutes,' it'll be 15, it'll be 20. And then when you get there, the shine will have worn off whatever it is they wanted to share with you. I've never gotten up to see something one of my kids wanted to show me and not been rewarded."
He is so right... and that is advice I am always going to remember.
In the same issue of Reader's Digest, I also came upon a real funny in the Laugh!:) section. It refers to "helicopter parents", and books that would be of interest to them. They list freerangekids.wordpress.com as the source. (I've also just become a subscriber to the blog... more parenting advice that makes sense to me!) This list really gave me a good laugh!
- Pat the Bunny and Then Slather Your Hands with Purell
- The Little Engine That Didn't Risk It
- Clifford the Big Red Hypoallergenic Dog
- Charlie and the Individually Wrapped 100-Calorie Serving of Free Trade Chocolate
- Curious George Doesn't Go Anywhere
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Mercury Poison
- Encyclopedia Brown and the Case of the Missing Childhood
- You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown... But Just in Case, We'll Need Fingerprints and a Background Check
|SS Double Fingerprint Thumbprint Heart Necklace by rockmyworldinc|
All the best, Jessica