Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Video Tutorial: How to Make a Holiday Jingle Ring

This was to be my first youtube tutorial... 
a source of inspiration!

A place where I could share my knowledge and wisdom, a fun craft that would encourage creativity and togetherness between you and your little ones.

Instead, I think it's going to be a source for your amusement.

First, before I go any further... let me say a few things.

1. If I had known my youngest daughter was going to wake up from her nap, I would have waited to do this tutorial.

2. If I had known she would become the co-star, I would have brushed her hair and wiped her nose.

3. You can rest assured that in "real life", any jewelry you purchase from me will not be covered in snot.  If I am handcrafting your one of a kind piece of jewelry,  I pinky-promise that I take great care that it will not be germ infested.

Having said all that, let's make a Holiday Jingle Ring!

First, you will need flexible wire.  I like to use pvc coated colored wire for this project, which you can find at any arts and crafts or discount store.  I bought mine at Wal-mart.  You will also need a jingle bell, and that's it!

Oh, I almost forgot-- youtube has a ten-minute limit, so you will actually miss the very end of the tutorial.  The only part that is missing is to take a pair of needle-nosed pliers to tuck the end of the wire into the wraps of the ring to complete it.  If you don't have a pair of needle-nosed pliers, you can use the tine from a fork to gently push it in.

And don't worry, this is not a ten-minute project... unless you have a two-year-old on your lap!




I also found some jingle bells with this very cool base.  To make this ring, you're going to string the wire through the bell first, then pull both pieces of wire through the base together.  Continue the ring from there.


As you'll learn, soulenergy began as a way for me to relax and unwind after my girls went to bed.  The youngest was only a few months old, the oldest had just turned four, and it was such a peaceful way for me to finish the day.  Creating beauty... energizing my soul.  soulenergy.

This video makes me laugh out loud at that thought.  Any wonder why I'm a member of Etsy's Busy Moms Team?  ;)




Lest Older Daughter feel left out, here she is wearing her Holiday Jingle ring.  She loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment