Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November Blog Carnival

A benefit to being part of the EtsyBloggers Team is that I get "built in" ideas about things to blog about.  That's a win-win for you and me!  I'm excited to answer this month's questions, because lately I've been trying a couple of new things.  

1) What is always inspiring you for your shops, your works, or anything in your life??  More than anything else, my two daughters inspire me.  They don't give me creative inspiration, but they inspire me to do better, to push harder, to keep trying.  To do my best, and be my best and always live my life as an example for them.  
   Truthfully, they do give me creative inspiration, in a roundabout sort of way.  I starting creating soulenergy jewelry when my older daughter was four and my younger was just a few months old.  It was a way for me to relax, to reconnect with myself after they went to bed.  I got so much enjoyment from the simple beading process. Starting with a bag of glass and wire, ending up with a beautiful piece. soulenergy is what it gave me, and soulenergy is what it became. When I wear a piece of my jewelry, it touches me.  soulenergy is "jewelry that makes you feel beautiful from the outside, in."


2) What item are you working on?? What is your inspiration for this piece??
While the beading was wonderful for my soul for several years, as I expand my Etsy shop and spread my wings throughout the internet world, I've also expanded my favorite materials.  Oh, the basics are the same for me, I still love to work with wire, but now I'm also working on rings and pendants.  I've made fun rings to match the bracelets, and I've also had a really fun time making Holiday Jingle Bell rings.  I'm also wire wrapping stones, and I can see myself sticking with this for a while.  I love finding stones with natural beauty, and wrapping them rough, uncut and unpolished.  Copper is my wire of choice, and I've been attaching hemp cords handbraided by me.  I love love love the look! 

These are a few of the wire wrapped pendants that are being sold at the Cornelius (NC) Arts Center



  Here a couple more of my favorite pieces!  Both are available in my shop.

Available in my shop

 
Available in my shop
How would you answer those two questions?  If you can make it short, please leave a comment!  If you can't make it short (like me!), feel free to use these questions as inspiration for your own blog post and leave a link.  I'd love to hear your story!

Happy Thanksgiving!  Eat well, be merry, be safe, and be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment