Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

New Etsy Application: Etsy on Sale


Have you seen it, have you seen it?!  There is (finally) a new application for Etsy that allows you to put your shop items on sale!  If you haven't seen it yet, check it out at etsyonsale.com.  As you'll see, this new site not only gives you the tools you need to have a sale within your own shop, it's also a shopping site with all of Etsy's sale items in one place.  This, my friends, is totally awesome.   

The process is really easy.  Simply go to etsyonsale.com and click on "sellers".  You will have to sign in through a Google acoount, if you don't have one, sign up for free here.   The app will ask you your shop name, and then direct you to the Etsy website itself, where you will approve the interaction.  If you have questions about why this is necessary, read about it in this Storque article.    Once you have connected to your store, you can easily set a start date and time and an end date and time.  You choose whether to mark your merchandise down by a dollar amount or percentage, and then specify that number.  And you also pick which sections to mark down, or have a store wide sale.   Unfortunately, you cannot "sale" specific items, but you you can easily get around that by putting sale items in their own section, and marking the whole section down.  You'll notice on your Dashboard that you'll receive a dedicated public shop sales page-- perfect for announcing sales on your website, Facebook fan page, or tweeting. 

EtsyOnSale Shop Dashboard

Here are two forum threads discussing this new application.:

Etsy “ON SALE” Shop App Now Available! Entire Shop Markdown with One Clickhttp://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6642722
 
Etsy on Sale Site- Do you use it?
http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6642484

If it weren't for this new app, I probably would never have a sale, especially a store wide one.  I've done store wide price adjusting one time, and with over 200 items in my shop, it took me two days to complete.  I'm happy to say that I have my first sale set up for this weekend!  In honor of October 10, 2010 I'm having a 10/10/10 sale... 10% for each ten, for a total of 30% off every item in my shop this weekend only.   My sale will start Friday at 12am, and end Sunday 10/10/2010 at 10pm.  Here's a screen shot of my sales event edit page. 

Have you had a sale in your shop yet or do you have one scheduled?  Let me know what you think about this new application! 

No comments:

Post a Comment