Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful November



Day 1: Thankful to my parents, who are such good role models for my girls. I am grateful for the close relationship they have.

Day 2: Didn't take me long this morning to find my thing to be thankful for! I was grumpy because my 9-year-old brought the only stick of deoderant with her on an overnight. I discovered it this morning, after searching for too long and in a rush to get to work. I had to stop at Walgreen's to buy some more, and as I was paying, the cashier said, "wait a minute, let me see if you can use this coupon now." It was a $3 off coupon for the $3.96 stick of deoderant. Now THAT made my day, and I let the cashier know it!  Thankful for the little things... the small things that can turn your whole day around.

Day 3: Today I am thankful for friends both old and older, the man behind me in line who was able to produce a penny faster than I was, and the complete understanding of generosity with both giving and receiving.




Day 4: Today I'm thankful for my Dad, who celebrated another birthday. I'm thankful for long lunches and pretty dresses, connections with friends from long ago and family with which it took too long to begin to connect. I'm thankful for the choices I'm allowing myself to make, for myself and my children. I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for.

Day 5: Today I'm thankful that the day is almost over. Thankful that I start tomorrow with a clean slate and a fresh start. Thankful that it's okay to not always be perfect or right and that I always have the opportunity to strive to be better.



Day 6: Today I am thankful for the house that I am continuing to make my home.

Day 7: Today I am thankful for strength and honesty. And I'm thankful for strength *in* honesty. Actually, I think I'm praying FOR strength in honesty.

Day 8: Today I'm thankful for a fun evening with my girls filled with laughter and hot fudge sundaes.

Day 9: Today I am thankful for good company and good times.


I'm Not Lucky... I'm Blessed
Day 10: Today I am thankful for the baptism of my girls. I am thankful for Pastor Jeffand Pastor Bev. I am thankful for my family and friends that were here to celebrate with us.

Day 11: today I am thankful for our first real family vacation ever, precious time spent with my girls (without the chaos of life interfering), the magic of the ocean, and the generosity of Jack and Marilyn. I feel so truly blessed.

Day 12: oh no, I skipped a day! Yesterday I Was thankful for sunrises, sunsets, and everything in between 

Day 13: Today I am thankful for my daughters, sunrises, sunsets and the ocean... all of my favorite things rolled into one grand and super-quick vacay. Thankful for good traffic and good travellers, and thankful to Jack and Marilyn for inviting us. Thankful to God for putting me in this good place in my life!

Day 14: today I'm thankful for my girls' love for school and learning, and their good grades that reflect it.


Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.

Day 15: Today I am thankful that when I need it, I allow myself to cry. And thankful that I can then move on.

I never met a bitter person who was thankful. Or a thankful person who was bitter
― Nick Vujicic

Day 16: Today I am thankful for Daniell. My pal and confidant. "Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say." 

Day 17: today I am thankful for the super long nap from which I just awoke. ((Stretch))

Day 18: Today I am thankful for the beautiful days I'm enjoying during the walks I take during my work breaks. I'm also thankful for loud disco music and the ability to dance in my head.


"Annnnd, poof!... all my patience is gone... Ta-Daa!"
Day 19: Today I am thankful that I can laugh about this (meme above). I'm thankful that I work with a group of people that care about me. And I'm thankful that we do our best to bring each other up and encourage each other.

Day 20: Squeeeeeee! Today I am SO THANKFUL that my employer had 18 voucher tickets for the Winston-Salem Symphony Christmas Spectacular AND vouchers for any regular season performance. I was able to snag three of each and I get to bring the girls to the symphony for the very first time. I am soooo excited!

Day 21: Today I am thankful for Karla, whose whole family is pretty darn amazing. Every one of them has gone out of their way to help me out of a bind this week and I am so appreciative.

Day 22: Today I am thankful for the dinner the girls cooked for me with the sitter and the flowers that were on the table. I'm thankful that I didn't fall once when I went rollerskating tonight. And I'm thankful that I'm off this weekend and tomorrow is a sleep in day.

Day 23: Today I'm thankful to have the love of my children, each and every day. They are unconditional and so free with expressing it. I am truly blessed.

Day 24: Today I'm thankful that my month long stint with children's Sunday school has ended and I can again join my ladies upstairs. And I'm thankful for my hot cup of tea.


To the barefoot man, happiness is a pair of shoes. To the man with old shoes, it's a pair of new shoes.  To the man with new shoes, it's more stylish shoes.  And of course, the fellow with no feet would be happy to be barefoot.  Measure your life by what you have, not by what you don't.  ~~ Michael Josephson

Day 25: Today I'm thankful that my aura is blue.  Purpose of Life: Showing love to other people. Loyal, honest, trustworthy, reliable and sincere. Valuing the truth above all else. Emotional, sensitive, connected, experimental and deep. Okay, the part about thinking before I speak may not be quite spot on... but the rest I'll take with pride.

Wow. This is actually so accurate it seems a little bizarre. What's your color aura?
Personality: Blue’s are very loyal and can be the truest friend any aura could hope to find. On the inside, blues tend to be emotional and even a bit moody. However, you know that other auras depend on you, so you put on a strong front. They tend to live a quiet but enriching life. Blues are very giving of them and is hard to let go of relationships. They believe the key to living a good life is simple: Be as honest with yourselves and others as possible. They value the truth over everything else.Blue will remain loyal to those who are honest with them, even if their honesty hurts. Compared to most other auras, blues handle the truth very well. They take every event into stride. Blues are the calm spot in a sea of chaos. They think that the solution to most problems is open communication; they wish that people would be more real with each other. A Blue personality uses its five physical senses to access information. An emotionally driven personality, you need to be liked and accepted. It is one of the "needs" that can cause apprehension in your personality. You are a polite, cooperative person who seeks to create conflict-free surroundings. You possess highly developed powers of observation. Family is important to you and you sometimes find yourself in the role of being a caretaker. You are conservative, reliable and trustworthy - you are quite trusting of others although you are very wary in the beginning until you are sure of the other person. You are not impulsive- you always think before you speak and act and do everything at your own pace in your own time. You take time to process and share your feelings. You are genuine and sincere, and you take your responsibilities seriously. You have a deep need for peace and harmony in your everyday life. You appear to be confident and self-controlled, but may be hiding your vulnerable side. You are generally fairly even-tempered, unless your emotions take over - then you can become either moody and over-emotional, or cool and indifferent. You are sensitive to the needs of others. While you are friendly and sociable, you prefer the company of your own close group of friends. You are a rescuer and love to be needed. You can be rigid - you like to stick to what is familiar to you- you stubbornly do things your way even if there is a better way. Untidiness and unpredictability overwhelm you. You don't like to draw attention to yourself. While you don't like to have discord or conflict in your life, you are often the cause of conflict with others; you can be quite manipulative but in a very subtle way.
You make a loyal and faithful marriage partner and you are an honest, trustworthy and sincere friend. You are aware of others feelings and sensitive to the moods of others. You are approachable and friendly, always making people feel welcome in your life. You have a thirst for knowledge in order to gain wisdom and appear knowledgeable in whatever area interests you. You can be too cautious and worry about every little thing.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Love Life: Relationships are your top priority, and this includes love. You are most happy when you are serious with someone.
Yellow: Too annoying to even take a liking to
Pink: You are very lucky if Pink even pays attention to you, their reputation may be in the way to start a relationship with them
GreenAnother perfect match for blue! They have one of those personalities that make you want to be around them all the time.
OrangeThey believe they are way too good for blues, which is not true at all!!
Purple: Without Blue there would not even be a purple, they are the best bet at finding your soul mate
WhiteTheir studies get in the way from every flirtatious move you make to them
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perfect Color Love Match: Red: Committed and Passionate they are definitely a good mate 
Friendship Color: When you and purple are together no one can stop you!
Color Opposite:Your color wheel opposite is Orange. Orange people may be opinionated, but you feel they lack the depth to truly understand what they're saying
Words that Describe Blue: Emotional, Affected, Sensitive, Peaceful, Tranquil, Connected, Spiritual, Experimental, and Deep
Purpose of Life:Showing Love to Other People



Day 26: Today I'm thankful that I won't melt if I get wet. It has seriously rained ALL DAY!

Day 27: Thankful for a quote like this  "I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and I believe in miracles." -Audrey Hepburn

Day 28: Today I am thankful to have hosted my first Thanksgiving, which went well enough that I'd like to do it again.  I'm thankful that my family gets along well enough that we can get together and enjoy each other's company. I'm thankful that I'm strong and focused and brave. I'm thankful that I believe change is possible, in myself and the world... and I'm thankful that I'm excited to see what comes next.

Day 29: I have had so much to be thankful for this month, it's almost overwhelming.

------

December 1: I realized late last night (very early this morning) that I did not list a Thankful November for Day 30. I think that is perfectly fine because on Day 29 I proclaimed that I had so much to be thankful for it was almost overwhelming, and how can I top that?! Besides, the 29th is a special day for us -- I was born on the 29th of March, Elizabeth was born the 29th of August and Marilyn was born the 29th of July -- yes, really! I continue to be thankful each and every day. Happy December!


-------
If you did your own Thankful November, please include a link in the comments.  I would love to see what other's are thankful for, both big and small.

May you have an abundance of blessings!





No comments:

Post a Comment