Search This Blog

Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Man's Trash... And I Love Wire!

I scored big today!  A box of jewelry and findings was found in an auctioned storage unit, and I got to take it home!  I wasn't quite sure what I had 'til I got home... and I'm excited to upcycle and start incorporating it into my wire pendants.  I'm challenging myself to use every piece with creativity!

Love this little finding on the bottom left!
I'm going to use the big silver disk with the apple bottoms somehow.  I'm told apple bottoms is a brand of jeans.  Can't wait to see how it turns out!
Cute, cute, cute.  It's going to take me a while to get through all of this.
Apple Bottoms again.  Isn't it wonderful?
Can you believe all of this way going to go into the trash?
Can you see what's engraved on the heart drop? 
"Barbie"  ♥  I can't wait to see how I can incorporate this into steel wire.  
Ten pairs of cute little bunny earrings.  Also in the box.  Hmmm.... what can I do with these?
Handpainted by somebody.
I love that the big beads have a big opening!  I 'm gonna wire wrap these suckers into something totally awesome.
Not sure what to do with these, either.  I thought the hole would be bid enough to re-string, but now I don't think it will be.  Pretty ivory with lots of iridescence.  

These are my two latest "favorites"!  I've curled the steel into fluid hoops, and the bead(s) will slide from top to bottom!


I have fallen totally and completely in love with wire.  You've seen a few of my name pendants... here's something else I've been working on. 






No comments:

Post a Comment