Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

French Horn: Out and Ready to Play

Dave gave me great advice -- it's out, and it's going to stay out. Not in a corner, not in a closet, not tucked away. Out and ready to play. The girls were so excited; M doesn't remember hearing me ever play. Good to know I could get through some scales and intervals... and E & M were tickled when I played Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and they could sing along. Yes, yes, yes. Jessica is slowly, but surely, coming back to life. 


Dave says, "Do not put the case near it. Do not put anything in front of it. Do not be concerned about dust, scratches, fingerprints. Let its siren song call out clearly, unfettered, unencumbered. You will get to the point where you simply cannot help but pick it up each day.  In fact... put the case in the closet. Out of sight."

He is so, so right.

My friend, he makes me smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment